Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

82nd Airborne jackets

Article about: Hello guys, I came across these two 82nd Airborne jackets. Normally I don't collect US stuff but as a paratrooper myself these uniforms wouldn't be wrongplaced in my warroom. Can I have some

?

Default 82nd Airborne jackets

Hello guys,

I came across these two 82nd Airborne jackets.
    Normally I don't collect US stuff but as a paratrooper myself these uniforms wouldn't be wrongplaced in my warroom.

Can I have some opinions on these uniforms please, because I don't know anything of these things. Are they Original WW2?

Thanks in advance,

Kris.82nd Airborne jackets82nd Airborne jackets82nd Airborne jackets82nd Airborne jackets82nd Airborne jackets82nd Airborne jackets82nd Airborne jackets82nd Airborne jackets

?

Both jackets are post WW2, they lack button cuffs. There should be a tag in the right breast pocket with a date, it may have been removed. However, they could have belonged to a WW2 vet. Rob.

?

Thanks Rob.

?

The uniforms them selves look like Korean War the patches look good, but it looks like the ribbon bar and cord may have been added. Note that the ribbon bar has a ww1 victory medal, if this is the correct ribbon this means they would have been in for 40s years which given the uniforms does not make sense. These are messed with but honest Korean War Era Paratrooper uniforms spiced up

?

Thanks for the input guys. Appreciated!

?

The EIB is placed wrong at the bottom of the ribbon arrangement. EIB's are always centered at the top with any jumps wings centered above.

?

EID's???

?

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    EID's???
    EIB. Expert Infantry Badge (The musket in the blue field surrounded by wreath).

**Correction CIB**

?

Thanks. What are the so called 'DI's'?

That may be regulation, but not always accurate Slade. On the picture of my Grandfather his CIB is on the pocket below his ribbons and wings. It would be plausible to find a non regulation set up that hasn't been tampered with. Also the wreath makes the badge a Combat Infantry Badge. The Expert Infantry Badge is just the rectangle with the rifle, and no wreath. It doesn't change the assessment of this jacket... Just something to think about!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast