Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Airborne Beret on Ebay

Article about: Hi guys some of you have helped me out before in my quest to purchase an original WWII British Airborne beret. Here is the details of the auction (below) and the seller is bkp100 ( Feedback

Default Airborne Beret on Ebay

Hi guys some of you have helped me out before in my quest to purchase an original WWII British Airborne beret.

Here is the details of the auction (below) and the seller is bkp100 ( Feedback Score Of 3743) Uk seller.

1945 dated Parachute Regiment Maroon Beret. Made by Supak Manufacturing Limited 1945. Size 7 1/8th. Cannot see any WD marking present. Beret has been worn and has some slight moth damage around the cap badge area as seen in the photos. Other than that in good used condition. Has the markings of where the cap badge to the Parachute Regiment had once been. A nice good used example of a WW2 Parachute Regiment beret.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Airborne Beret on Ebay   Airborne Beret on Ebay  

Airborne Beret on Ebay  

?

Default Re: Airborne Beret on Ebay

The WD marking is the Arrow above the no7, your best bet on this one might be Ade, he just loves the Airborne equipment, but it looks ok to me

Default Re: Airborne Beret on Ebay

It looks fine form the pics provided.

I have dealt Brian, the seller, in the past. He has some good items but occasionally the odd bad one too, like any dealer.

One thing you always have to bear in mind with berets. It is not unknown to take an original wartime beret, say a black RTR example, these used to be cheap, and take off the black outer cover and replace this with a red cover taken from a modern red beret. Always examine the stitching around the leather etc to check for any old stitch holes.

Cheers, Ade.