Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Airborne Beret Real or Fake?

Article about: This guy has got some "lovely stuff" on his eBay site!! NOT. A few that I spotted straight off were the 3 pocket ammo pouch mentioned above by LucN. Not bad considering they were i

Default Airborne Beret Real or Fake?

I recenlty purchased an Airborne Beret off of ebay (I have not paid for it) I would like to see what other people think.

The seller is homers1234kickcat they have a 100% positive feedback with a score of over 3000. I am concerned as the vent eyelets are red not black. Has anyone seen a beret with red eyelets as opposed to black ones on a Kangol?
    Attached Images Attached Images Airborne Beret Real or Fake?  Airborne Beret Real or Fake?  Airborne Beret Real or Fake? 

Default Re: Airborne Beret Real or Fake?

Stay away from that seller, i bought a green beret from him, in his ad he described it as a ww2 Royal Marines Commandoes Beret, when i got it it was just as i suspected, it was a post-war German beret, you can see in the last picture that there has been a badge there allready, he has just taken it off and added a fake mark. I am suprised fleabay lets him carry on.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Thanks for that I am not going to go ahead with the purchase.

It is as already stated, bad. A modern beret with fake markings.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Yep it's a poor fake
    Aaron

?

Just to add for reference, the broad arrow and 1944 legend are of a style now available on a range of reproduction brass stamps. I know of several U.K. base wholesalers who have been stamping post war and none British webbing with these fake markings, all within the 1939-45 date range. This is nothing more than a shameless act to gain value on there products wholesale price, as last year I caught a certain well known dealer in act, or should that be with the stamp in hand merrily "Post Dating" everything that was made of Khaki canvas, regardless of true age or origin. The thing to look out for is the broad arrow design, its quite flared and very sharply pointed, when compare to the genuine wartime style.

Nige H
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

?

I believe it to be a genuine post-war beret from Germany with added fake stampings.

It is as bad as his earlier beret.

Hi Luc, I still chuckle when I see that link! A "1940" dated red beret yet in his own sales blurb he tells how they were introduced in 1942.

Cheers, Ade.

I don't like those at all......

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast