Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Baskeyfield DVD

Article about: Thought to post this up for those interested .. Gary J. ______________________________ While defending the Oosterbeek perimeter three days into the battle of Arnhem, John Baskeyfield command

?

Post Baskeyfield DVD

Thought to post this up for those interested ..

Gary J.

While defending the Oosterbeek perimeter three days into the battle of Arnhem, John Baskeyfield commanded a pair of anti tank guns that destroyed several enemy tanks before the crews were killed. Baskeyfield subsequently fought on alone before he too was killed. In 1969 Bill Townley made a film to commemorate the heroism and tell the story of “Baskeyfield VC”. Unavailable for a long time this film has now been painstakingly digitally restored by the Staffordshire Film Archive. The film has location extras showing how and where the film was made, interviews, production photographs and pages of the original script and storyboards. Order online from Staffordshire Film Archive @ Staffordshire University and look at the DVD section or send a cheque for £12.99 payable to Ray Johnson Productions to; Ray Johnson Productions, PO Box 777, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 8QA

Reg
    ?

Default Re: Baskeyfield DVD

Thanks Gary.

Reg

Default Re: Baskeyfield DVD

hello all .

during the nineties i was asked by the local PRA to put on a display of airborne equipment . it was at the spitfire museum at stoke on trent .

it was only when i arrived there it was to do with the baskyfield VC

there was a showing of the film that bill townley made and a presentation made to his sister from the south staffs regiment .

i actually had the privilage to hold the victoria cross which was amazing .

bill townley was present at the showing of the film and made a speach at the end of it .

the film was made in and around the local area with begged equipment and local extras .

it was very moving and a great tribute to a brave local chap who went to war at a very young age and never returned .

its over 15 years or more but i remember it all very well....

just thought i would share the special moment with you all that i had .

best regards paul..........