Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Beret badges of the French Foreign Legion ???

Article about: I received some French badges these days. Including some beret badges. I took a closer look at two of the beret badges and thought (first of all) of the 2e régiment étranger de parachutist

Question Beret badges of the French Foreign Legion ???

I received some French badges these days.
    Including some beret badges.

I took a closer look at two of the beret badges and thought, (first of all), both "wings" were Legion beret badges of the 2e régiment étranger de parachutistes (2e REP) (2nd Parachute Regiment of the Légion étrangère), of the Foreign Legion.
    But the wings differ very clearly from one another !

In France, the 2nd REP of the Foreign Legion was not the only airborne unit, there were several !
    Also naval airborne units !

For example:
    Marine Infantry Parachutists or RpIMA (Régiment de Parachutistes d'Infanterie de Marine).
    Parachute Infantry Regiments or RHP (Régiment de Chasseurs Parachutistes)
    Airborne Cavalry (Régiment de Hussards Parachutistes)
    Parachute Artillery or RAP (Régiment d'Artillerie Parachutistes)
    Parachute Engineers or RGP (Régiment du Génie Parachutistes)

Insignes de divisions du Parachutistes
    Armée française en tissu de corps et insignes de division French Army Cloth Parachute Division Badges

Which of the two beret badges can actually be assigned to the Foreign Legion, and which to the other, "jumping", units of the French land forces and the French Navy / Marine Infantry? ...

One of the beret badges is unmarked, the other is stamped with:
    INSIGNES MILITAIRES DRAGO - RUE DE ROMAINVILLE - PARIS

Beret badges of the French Foreign Legion ???Beret badges of the French Foreign Legion ???Beret badges of the French Foreign Legion ???Beret badges of the French Foreign Legion ???Beret badges of the French Foreign Legion ???Beret badges of the French Foreign Legion ???Beret badges of the French Foreign Legion ???Beret badges of the French Foreign Legion ???

Quote by Reibert View Post
    In France, the 2nd REP of the Foreign Legion was not the only airborne unit, there were several !
    Also naval airborne units !
    Some fabric badges:
    Beret badges of the French Foreign Legion ???Beret badges of the French Foreign Legion ???Beret badges of the French Foreign Legion ???Beret badges of the French Foreign Legion ???Beret badges of the French Foreign Legion ???

Beret badges of the French Foreign Legion ???Beret badges of the French Foreign Legion ???

In a German militaria forum a fellow collector told me the following:

The beret badge with the dagger is TAP, (these are all para and airborne units), i.e. from 1st RCP to Etat-Major 11th DP, COS.
    So, not exclusively worn on the beret of the 2e REP

The other is the Legion Beret Badge.
    The grenade with the Arabic 1 is from the 1st R.E.I. i.e. 1st Infantry Regiment of the Legion.
    There were also 2, 3, 5, 6, 13,.
    The 1st and 2nd Cavalry Regiment of the Legion has the grenade with the 1(2) in metal (silver) color.
    13. is the D.B.L.E.

In addition to the TAP, there is also the TDM, which is the wing with the dagger underlaid by an anchor.
    I know of at least 22 manufacturers for the TAP and various manufacturers for the TDM18.
    The parachute units also include (were) various commandos such as Ponchardier, Commandos Marine, Commandos Nord-Vietnam, Center Annam, Army de l'Air, Commandos de l' Air, GIGN, EPIGN (disbanded or part of GIGN), Commando Hubert etc.

Hi,

I have no idea where I should present this nice piece here in the forum, so I'll just do it here.

I recently bought this table stand.

The[B] Légion étrangère also knew how to celebrate and at larger events, for example Camerone Day, there was probably a kind of "seating arrangement", I can imagine.

I would like to introduce you to this small table stand, which is supposed to assign the non-commissioned officers of the Legion their place at the tables in the hall.

There is a label on the table stand that reads:
    Les Sous-Officiers
    de la LEGION ETRANGERE

translated:
    Non-commissioned officers of the Foreign Legion

The dimensions:
    Width: approx. 73 mm
    Height: approx. 111 mm

Stamped on the back:
    EDITION J. BALME SAUMUR

In my opinion it's a nice piece of military history.

Best regards,
    Ro

Beret badges of the French Foreign Legion ???Beret badges of the French Foreign Legion ???Beret badges of the French Foreign Legion ???Beret badges of the French Foreign Legion ???Beret badges of the French Foreign Legion ???Beret badges of the French Foreign Legion ???Beret badges of the French Foreign Legion ???Beret badges of the French Foreign Legion ???Beret badges of the French Foreign Legion ???Beret badges of the French Foreign Legion ???