Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

British Parachute Regiment KC Cap Badge Real or Fake???

Article about: Hi all, i recently purchased what i believed to be a genuine WW2 period kings crown cap badge, initially i though it looked good with areas of wear, no blob on the wing, but now i am having

Default British Parachute Regiment KC Cap Badge Real or Fake???

Hi all, i recently purchased what i believed to be a genuine WW2 period kings crown cap badge, initially i though it looked good with areas of wear, no blob on the wing, but now i am having doubts, I looked online a found that WW2 badges would have lugs not a slider and the tips of the wings are flush and do not protrude such as on my badge. I bought it from a local dealer who did say i could return the badge if it was found to be fake. Any information would be very much appreciated.

Cheers
    Harry

British Parachute Regiment KC Cap Badge Real or Fake???British Parachute Regiment KC Cap Badge Real or Fake???

Wartime examples werre on lugs as you state, but post war pre 53 examples on a slider do exist. the strike of this is very poor and I do not like it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks for your comments, i think i will get my money back, i know the dealer and i believe he thought it was genuine. This is why i stick to helmets, uniforms and webbing.

Cheers
    Harry