Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

British WW2 Airborne trailer to jeep cable couplings ?

Article about: I have a couple of Airborne trailers, a Lightweight Nr 1 and a Lighweight Nr 2. Both are currently equipped with the standard US-type plug into the socket on the jeep's rear body. However I

Default British WW2 Airborne trailer to jeep cable couplings ?

I have a couple of Airborne trailers, a Lightweight Nr 1 and a Lighweight Nr 2. Both are currently equipped with the standard US-type plug into the socket on the jeep's rear body. However I do have a few of the female bayonet socket that was fixed to the centre, rear, on British jeeps. What I have not been able to find - and the reason for this posting - is a source of the equivalent male bayonet plugs to attach to the cabling on the trailer itself, and also the blind socket that was on the small bracket on the trailer drawbar to secure the plug when not in use.

If anyone knows of a dealer in the UK, or indeed have some yourself for sale, then I would very much like to hear from you.

Here's hoping for loads of tips.

Best wishes,

DavidH
    Oslo Norway.

Default Re: British WW2 Airborne trailer to jeep cable couplings ?

Hi David, these are a pig to find! But I am going to a show on Sunday, so I will lookout for them.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!