Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Escape Compass

Article about: Hello Chaps First post on this forum after collecting change (or mid life crisis) from German to British/US items. So from the frying pan into the fire. I'm not sure if this needs to go into

?

Default Escape Compass

Hello Chaps

First post on this forum after collecting change (or mid life crisis) from German to British/US items.
    So from the frying pan into the fire.

I'm not sure if this needs to go into Airborne or equipment forum, so apologies if in the wrong place.

I have this escape compass and would value any opinions. Black paint in quite shiny and hard to capture in a picture. It also looks cleaner in real life than the pics suggest. Not really seen anything suggesting that these are copied but would like the thumbs up. The three dots are also smaller than others I've seen on these.

Thanks for your time

Lee
    Attached Images Attached Images Escape Compass  Escape Compass  Escape Compass  Escape Compass  Escape Compass  Escape Compass 

Hi Lee, welcome to the forum!

The compass looks fine.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

welcome nice find.

Looks good from what I have seen of these Lee
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

This is a standard wartime escape compass

See other examples here:
    Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!

On post #7 you will see an example of a post war compass. At this moment I do not believe that the compasses are replicated (I believe around 1.3 million were produced during the war)