Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 ... LastLast

Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!

Article about: Very neat addition to your collection, fine maps indeed. All you need to find is a slight variation and then it is impossible to part with! I will be posting a very rare MI-9 German Identity

All the same person.

Maybe one day all the people who bought from him will join a forum, realise they’ve been had and take out a massive civil action against him!

Quote by Grimebox View Post
    All the same person.

Maybe one day all the people who bought from him will join a forum, realise they’ve been had and take out a massive civil action against him!

He has another pile of garbage on eBay today. A fake Goldfish Club Badge, with a bunch of random cr*p! Where does this Joker have his “Museum”, I feel a need to Visit him...

Quote by Truebrit View Post
    He has another pile of garbage on eBay today. A fake Goldfish Club Badge, with a bunch of random cr*p! Where does this Joker have his “Museum”, I feel a need to Visit him...
    Mountfitchet Castle

Bartholomew map Sheet A on mulberry leaf (tissue).

I already have this map, however, someone had gone to the trouble of framing this one double sided with glass to show the transparency. For £40 I thought it was a good display piece.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!   Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!  

Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!   Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!  

Last edited by Grimebox; 08-02-2019 at 09:16 PM.

Quote by Grimebox View Post
    Bartholomew map Sheet A on mulberry leaf (tissue).

I already have this map, however, someone had gone to the trouble of framing this one double sided with glass to show the transparency. For £40 I though it was a good display piece.

For that price it was WELL worth it!!
    Good buy

?

I recently acquired 2 x MI9 style compasses that a WW2 Royal Signals officer owned. Compared to a post war button compass i was issued, they look in better shape!

A whatever USAAF silky Feb '45 C-53

I have shown this US pigeon vest earlier in the thread, however, I now have a more suitable model to display it!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!   Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!  

Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!   Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!  

Last edited by Grimebox; 11-03-2019 at 02:40 PM.

So your garden is one pigeon short now? Nice display though!!

Default Escaper or Evader - any thoughts on Who?

Not an E&E item as such, but related I think. The medal bar is undoubtedly original and genuine. It looks to have belonged to an RAF Officer who flew in North Africa (Africa Star, but no ACE). Obviously the unusual thing here is the Military Cross ribbon - not usual for RAF as it’s an Army award. Only 68 awarded to RAF.

The MC would typically be awarded to RAF for acts related to Evasion and Escape, so this chap was likely one, or the other. Sadly no other info on him, other than the fact(?) that he settled in Jersey after the war...

So if anyone Han she’d any light on who this may have belonged to, I’d be really grateful please?

Many thanks TB.

Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 ... LastLast