Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast

Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!

Article about: Very neat addition to your collection, fine maps indeed. All you need to find is a slight variation and then it is impossible to part with! I will be posting a very rare MI-9 German Identity

My carrier pigeon related items
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!  

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

This book and the other two in my previous post will be up for grabs in my Sept sale @bamfords.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

WW2 British RAF Blood Chit Card in Arabic and English. Fold out card with printed message in Arabic and English. Size 130mm x 75mm folded.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!   Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!  

WW2 British RAF Far East Blood Chit Card in Chinese and English. Fold out card with printed message in Chinese and English. 126mm x 85mm folded.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!   Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!  

I’ve got the Arabic one but not the Chinese. I assume these are in the same September sale

Yes, they will be. Good luck!

Cheers, Ade.

A silk map of the Andaman Islands - Sheet HIND 1053. These maps were based on Survey of India maps, as can be seen by the notes on this one.
    Whilst the maps of Burma pop up from time to time the Andaman Islands map is more scarce.
    It is shown alongside the other Survey of India / HIND maps that I have

Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!   Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!  

Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!   Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!  

A British blood chit for Burma. It is printed on linen backed paper and is worded slightly differently to the silk blood chits. All of these versions that I have seen have punch holes suggesting that the they were to be stored in a ring binder or pad.
    It is shown with the Far Eastern blood chits I have plus another image of all of my blood chits.

I think this fits in the peripheries of this thread - A British Type K Monocular “TABBY” Night Vision monocular as use by British Special Forces / Combined Operations.
    It’s in good condition and I got it for a reasonable price. I just need to get a case now!

Further information here: Arnhem Jim: WWII British Special Forces Night Vision Technology - "TABBY" RG Receiver

Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast