Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

First pattern Denison smock for review, dated 1943

Article about: I purchased this smock a few years ago but then it was 'trapped' in the UK at a relative's house during the pandemic. I just managed to collect it a few weeks ago and was very happy to see t

Default First pattern Denison smock for review, dated 1943

I purchased this smock a few years ago but then it was 'trapped' in the UK at a relative's house during the pandemic. I just managed to collect it a few weeks ago and was very happy to see that the wings appear to be originally sewn to the sleeve. It's obviously difficult to confirm this until it's in your hands.

These early smocks are getting very difficult to find in this condition, especially with insignia attached, so I'm very pleased with this. I've attached several pictures of the details and would welcome any comments.

Matthew

First pattern Denison smock for review, dated 1943First pattern Denison smock for review, dated 1943First pattern Denison smock for review, dated 1943First pattern Denison smock for review, dated 1943First pattern Denison smock for review, dated 1943First pattern Denison smock for review, dated 1943First pattern Denison smock for review, dated 1943First pattern Denison smock for review, dated 1943First pattern Denison smock for review, dated 1943First pattern Denison smock for review, dated 1943

Very nice smock and in great condition

Great example.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

very nice example, somewhat green mate
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thank you all for the positive comments. I took a bit of a long-distance risk when I purchased this smock from a different country (I know, I know) but, after waiting a couple of years to see it in hand, it was definitely worth the wait.

Matthew

Always wanted a genuine Para smock and this one is very nice indeed.

Well worth the wait..