Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Good or bad Airborne Beret with SAS Badge

Article about: Hi there My name is Rob & I live for much of the year in France. I picked this up here yesterday & if you would be so kind as to give me your opinions(bad or hopefully good)on it. I

Default Good or bad Airborne Beret with SAS Badge

Hi there My name is Rob & I live for much of the year in France. I picked this up here yesterday & if you would be so kind as to give me your opinions(bad or hopefully good)on it. I have read the excellent thread on berets & it seems to me to be OK but I am not an expert as many of you are. It is in very good condition with certainly no moth holes & minimal surface nibbling. I can post more photos if needed. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanking you in advance. Regards Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Good or bad Airborne Beret with SAS Badge   Good or bad Airborne Beret with SAS Badge  

Good or bad Airborne Beret with SAS Badge   Good or bad Airborne Beret with SAS Badge  

Good or bad Airborne Beret with SAS Badge   Good or bad Airborne Beret with SAS Badge  

Looks good to me, well done, especially if you got it for a good price. Condition is very good. It looks been double stamped for the WD markings?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi Jerry I didn't buy it from the car boot seller seller but saw a dealer walking along with it who had just bought it. I saw the colour 1st & then the badge so I thought I would ask if he wanted to sell it. He bought it because it was dated 1945 but didn't know what the badge was. He just took a modest profit on what he paid for it which was good of him. Yes it has been double stamped. I believe the Z is the year date of 1945. There are just a couple of very shallow moth nibbles but apart from that it is very good. Thanks for your opinion-much appreciated. Regards Rob

Z or the sideways N as it is sometimes called is good for 44 and 45. I wish I could find one for a sensible price.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.