Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Major T R B Courtney 133 Parachute Field Ambulance

Article about: I have been fortunate to add the following medal group to my collection. Major Courtney who dropped into Arnhem was probably the only person present who had served in the Pacific area of ope

Default Major T R B Courtney 133 Parachute Field Ambulance

I have been fortunate to add the following medal group to my collection. Major Courtney who dropped into Arnhem was probably the only person present who had served in the Pacific area of operations previously to serving at Arnhem. With his medals came his diaries for the whole of his wartime service in the Army and his insignia.

The image with the shoulder title and pegasus are the insignia he was wearing when he was captured at Arnhem and shows the quality of the embroidered type of curved Airborne titles that were worn. More than likely these are private purchase items.

The group comprises many items of inignia ,his POW tags, POW log Book, diaries, photographs and documentation. In fact the complete Arnhem grouping.

Cheers

Arnhem
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Major T R B Courtney 133 Parachute Field Ambulance   Major T R B Courtney 133 Parachute Field Ambulance  

MAP
    ?

A fantastic grouping! While not my area of expertise, it is certainly an important piece of history given the Arnhem connection.

Thanks for showing.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Very nice indeed! Well done.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Superbthank you for showing this historically important group, Regards Paul