Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Original M42 Paratrooper jump jacket ? HELP PLEASE !

Article about: Hello everybody. I've had this jacket for a long time. It came as part of a large collection that I bought about 15 years ago. There were many good pieces in the collection, but I have doubt

Default Original M42 Paratrooper jump jacket ? HELP PLEASE !

Hello everybody. I've had this jacket for a long time. It came as part of a large collection that I bought about 15 years ago. There were many good pieces in the collection, but I have doubts about this one!
    There is no patch ghost sign!
    Opinions please, original or reproduction?
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original M42 Paratrooper jump jacket  ? HELP PLEASE !   Original M42 Paratrooper jump jacket  ? HELP PLEASE !  

Original M42 Paratrooper jump jacket  ? HELP PLEASE !   Original M42 Paratrooper jump jacket  ? HELP PLEASE !  

Original M42 Paratrooper jump jacket  ? HELP PLEASE !   Original M42 Paratrooper jump jacket  ? HELP PLEASE !  

IMO original. no black stamp laundry ID# either but it does have the correct tags.

?

My thought is the exact opposite, I’m afraid.
    As these suits were only reinforced just prior to the Normandy jump, rather than standard fittings, this would have to be a veteran of that jump and, therefore, extremely rare and unlikely (to say the least).
    Furthermore, the fabric and details don’t have the ‘look’ of an 80+ year old garment.
    A re-enactor piece, in my opinion, albeit a very good one.

While the basic M42 is original the reinforcing could of been added at any time. As I pointed out its my opinion on the M42. The talon zippers, in my opinion as well, are original and I've yet to see reproductions of these match originals. If you know who is making the zippers as reproductions please advise. The MASH company out of Japan, their zippers are 1 size up and thats the closest I've found to original. they may very well be NOS zippers but they appear to be size 6, not size 5 that the M42 were produced with.