Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

para helmet battle damage flash and numbers on the inside help please

Article about: hi guys need help did i do good on this or not battle damage para helmet dated 1943 see the damage it as a flash on it and i think the chaps service number just unsure how to see if it is a

Default para helmet battle damage flash and numbers on the inside help please

hi guys need help did i do good on this or not battle damage para helmet dated 1943 see the damage it as a flash on it and i think the chaps service number just unsure how to see if it is a service number could be a battle pick up have a good look let me know you thoughts on this thanks andyAttachment 1341166Attachment 1341167Attachment 1341168Attachment 1341169Attachment 1341170Attachment 1341171Attachment 1341173

I have not seen a BMB stamp like that before. All of the airborne helmets that I have seen by BMB (including my own 1943 dated example) have an embossed stamp whereas this appears to have an ink stamp in a font which is larger than I have seen before. Also, given the damage to the exterior of the helmet I would expect damage to the interior webbing.

see last photo at bottom

I wonder why the shell looks rusty but the liner and cradle do not?

Perhaps a put together from a relic with a postwar liner added, as I agree with grimebox that the markings look wrong compared to my wartime BMB para helmet.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

a big thank you guys have got refund thanks to you and the help andy

On EBay tonight.....

Quote by Composite View Post
    On EBay tonight.....
    got a link as i could not find it?
    Regards,

Jerry

Found it!

WW2 Helmet | eBay

Honestly... I don't understand the logic of doing something like this. You'd think they would take into consideration that we, collectors of WWII militaria might, at some point, search for it on eBay. Utterly shameless.

Description for those not wanting to click the link: ''WW2 Helmet found in a loft last year. Looks battle damaged.''

Regards, B.B.

Arnhem weekend too.......clever

Has since been outed on a fb para helmets group with fake warning
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast