Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Paratrooper Knife ?

Article about: Gary-you never did say-is the Spring intact? Does it function correctly?

?

Default Paratrooper Knife ?

I was at the local junk shop and picked this up for $10 its old and rusty. I know the maker of the WWII knives was schrade . The big questin is it a WWII paratrooper knife. Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Paratrooper Knife ?   Paratrooper Knife ?  

Paratrooper Knife ?   Paratrooper Knife ?  

Paratrooper Knife ?   Paratrooper Knife ?  

Default Re: Paratrooper Knife ?

I believe that it probably is.........

[url=http://www.autoknife.info/American_3.html]Vintage American Switchblade Knives

[/urlhttp://dansknifecorner.wordpress.com/2011/11/04/military/]
    Regards,

Steve.

Paratrooper? It's simply a Schrade made switchblade, as Steve said-but it is collectable as such in it's own right. Does the spring function the way it should? If it does, for 10 bucks you did pretty good! Unfortunately, it may not be Legal in all areas of the country for whatever strange laws that might be, that I've never quite understood. I do know, that in some states they can be Owned as collector knives but almost Never carried. I'd suggest not checking Too closely, though, as your state may be one that could confiscate it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Hi Steve thanks for looking. I've been looking all day on the net I can tell that it was made before 1946 because it was made in conn. So that's a good sign and it has the loop . I'm going to try the site you posted . Thanks Gary

?

Hi William schrade made the m2 switchblade. They had a couple different models from what I've read today one version is all steel painted black. If it was made in ny it would be post war. So at least its pre 46 . Gary

According to 'United States Military Knives - 1941 To 1991' ( Page 262 )
    by M.W. Silvey, it is indeed a WWII model with 'tin shell' handles.

For $10, you scored big.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Nice one. Since I was born and grew up in Bridgeport, Connecticut, if you ever decide to part with it, well, I would love to bring her home! Keep me in mind. Cheers, Jim G.

The Germans gave their troopers beautifully made wooden handled take down Gravity Knives and We gave our guys tinny cheapo Schrade switchblades? Nice.....They could have at Least used stainless steel,Geez...! lol But either way-for 10 bucks, not bad at all! Great find!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Paratrooper? It's simply a Schrade made switchblade, as Steve said-but it is collectable as such in it's own right. Does the spring function the way it should? If it does, for 10 bucks you did pretty good! Unfortunately, it may not be Legal in all areas of the country for whatever strange laws that might be, that I've never quite understood. I do know, that in some states they can be Owned as collector knives but almost Never carried. I'd suggest not checking Too closely, though, as your state may be one that could confiscate it.
    No legal to carry, on your person, this type of knife in Illinois. Confiscated for sure!
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

Steve know that's what I like to hear. It's beat and abused but for $10 how can you go wrong. Gary

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast