Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Patch and invasion flag

Article about: Hello guys I would like to have your opinion on this patch and invasion flag. For me they seem correct but I prefer to have more opinion. TIA and have a nice day

?

Default Patch and invasion flag

Hello guys I would like to have your opinion on this patch and invasion flag.

For me they seem correct but I prefer to have more opinion.

TIA and have a nice day

Patch and invasion flag
    Patch and invasion flag

I am not a fan of the invasion flag as it has too much white material on the header (left side of the flag). This excess white material is a strong indicator that the flag was attached to a stick for purposes other than being used as an invasion flag. This is a very common thing to see on supposed "Invasion" uniforms since there are so many of the small 48-star flags still in great abundance. Careful examination of the cloth may reveal where staples were on the flag when it was attached to the stick, but these small perforations may also have closed up. The only other indicator would be rust stains on the cloth where there may have been metal staples.

The 82nd Airborne Patch looks to be pre-May 1945 but I will say that the sewing is extremely sloppy and not something that a paratrooper would take pride in so that for me is a red flag (being a former airborne Soldier myself).

Also if you could please post images of the entire uniform that these patches are attached to. We don't know if this is a jump jacket, M43 field jacket, etc. Sometimes there could be original uniforms with fake patches or fake (reenactor uniforms) with real patches and so on. In order for us to make a better determination for you these additional pictures will help.

Best regards

Smitty

?

Hello Smitty, this is on a M42 jacket

Patch and invasion flag
    Patch and invasion flag
    Patch and invasion flag
    Patch and invasion flag
    Patch and invasion flag

?

Patch and invasion flag
    Patch and invasion flag