Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Please help identify this uniform british airborne division

Article about: Hello everyone.could someone please help me out to identifi wether this uniform is an original piece?

Quote by NCA View Post
    Odd trousers...by that I mean the two tabs on the left leg next to the pocket...the trousers look like 40 patt/austerity..never seen that feature before.
    Yes I noted that these are not the "Trousers Parachutist" one would expect and those tabs seem similar to the way an aircrew survival / escape knife is attached to a modern flight suit.

Mark

I cant say anything definitive from these photos but I think it is highly likely the battledress is original, but whether the insignia is, or whether it was attached to the jacket during the war, is a different matter. High quality close up pictures are essential.

I don't doubt the battledress either but I do think it is a late war Australian item and I am not at all convinced by the insignia. However, "stranger things happen at sea" as the saying goes

Certainly clear close up images will help

Mark

It has the aspects of a reenactors getup. original easy to come by BD and replica insignia sewn up.

NCA
    ?

If its totally original you're sitting on a gold mine!

Better pics are need, but the BD is original though the insignia looks to be copies. Some close ups of the insignia are needed also the cap badge and the underside of the beret, also any labels or markings in the trousers.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

i reckon only the battledress is original...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help identify this uniform british airborne division   Please help identify this uniform british airborne division  

Please help identify this uniform british airborne division   Please help identify this uniform british airborne division  

Please help identify this uniform british airborne division  

The patches throw me off from first looks. not feeling it at all

?

The Glider Pilot wings look like modern Repros to me as does the rest of the cloth.

Dean O

Yes looks to be a 0riginal BD with repros badges added

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast