Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Sas beret real?

Article about: Dear Gents I need to know what about this SAS beret(original/period/) before purchase it because I heard than the most of them are FAKES and probably Pakistan made and so I need any light wi

Default Sas beret real?

Dear Gents

I need to know what about this SAS beret(original/period/) before purchase it because I heard than the most of them are FAKES and probably Pakistan made

and so I need any light with this one

Sas beret real?Sas beret real?Sas beret real?

Thanks in advance

Fernando

?

I would of thought that the head band would be leather, being that this meant to be an officers beret.. I am no expert so wait for somebody who knows more than me!!. But if it was my money I wouldn't bother.. Cheers Terry.

Quote by Tango View Post
    I would of thought that the head band would be leather, being that this meant to be an officers beret.. I am no expert so wait for somebody who knows more than me!!. But if it was my money I wouldn't bother.. Cheers Terry.
    Hi Terry
    Please take a look to this one verified as SAS beret from 70,s....it has no head leather band too and so????

1970's SAS beret

CBH
    ?

That isn't an officers beret in the link, metal wire insignia is officer issue.

Never seen one of these compton webb berets with the discoloured sweat diamond.

Many private purchase officers beret's had ribbed headbands, in fact most SAS officers berets I have seen have that feature, especially those made by Herbert Johnson in the 1950's to 1970's.

During WWII and into the 1970's most private purchase army officers berets had ribbed fabric trim.

I have one of these Herbert Johnson officers berets from the 1960's/70's with unusually an or's badge which seems well settled into the fabric.....

Obviously I never served with the regiment and can only offer an opinion based on research.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sas beret real?   Sas beret real?  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Never seen one of these compton webb berets with the discoloured sweat diamond.

Many private purchase officers beret's had ribbed headbands, in fact most SAS officers berets I have seen have that feature, especially those made by Herbert Johnson in the 1950's to 1970's.

During WWII and into the 1970's most private purchase army officers berets had ribbed fabric trim.

I have one of these Herbert Johnson officers berets from the 1960's/70's with unusually an or's badge which seems well settled into the fabric.....

Obviously I never served with the regiment and can only offer an opinion based on research.

Well and so what is the conclusion,is it a fake???

The badge on your example looks a bit square, instead of trimmed up, the one example that I have seen in hand, the badge, was attached at a slight angle, so as to look straight when worn, hope that helps 1
    Regards
    Paul