Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown patch found in a box with Canadian parachute insignia

Article about: Recently bought a box with Canadian parachute corps stuff. Inside there are two patches: "15 CITC" - that I cannot identify. Please, if you could help me identify them - or find an

Default Unknown patch found in a box with Canadian parachute insignia

Recently bought a box with Canadian parachute corps stuff. Inside there are two patches: "15 CITC" - that I cannot identify.
    Please, if you could help me identify them - or find anything about these patches - would appreciate any help!
    The pictures are attached.
    Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown patch found in a box with Canadian parachute insignia   Unknown patch found in a box with Canadian parachute insignia  

Unknown patch found in a box with Canadian parachute insignia   Unknown patch found in a box with Canadian parachute insignia  

Unknown patch found in a box with Canadian parachute insignia   Unknown patch found in a box with Canadian parachute insignia  

CBH
    ?

The tab is "Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry", the General Service Pin was worn on Civilian clothing to denote service.
    The Canadian Para badge might be WWII and they are bringing good money, but I don't know them well.

Default more staff

more staff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown patch found in a box with Canadian parachute insignia   Unknown patch found in a box with Canadian parachute insignia  

MAP
    ?

Quote by teddybear View Post
    more staff
    Well the last photo is a guitar pick (or some similar stringed instrument)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

CBH
    ?

CWAC is Canadian Women Army Corps, arm band might be CAWC Police.

Quote by teddybear View Post
    Recently bought a box with Canadian parachute corps stuff. Inside there are two patches: "15 CITC" - that I cannot identify.
    Please, if you could help me identify them - or find anything about these patches - would appreciate any help!
    The pictures are attached.
    Thanks in advance!
    Well, the Canadian Forces are not entirely within my field of knowledge and my Canadian friends here might disagree but I am going to suggest that the CITC patch actually reads "A15 CITC" and represents No A15 Canadian Infantry Training Centre which was at Camp Shilo, Manitoba during WWII and I think might still be there. As a coincidence, previous reading showed me that 2PPCLI is (or might be) still based at Camp Shilo and as a further coincidence in 1914 prior to deployment to France the PPCLI were based at Bustard Camp on Salisbury Plain, Wiltshire, England the remains of which are about five minutes drive from my house!

I couldn't say if the patches are WWII period but I am sure others here can

I hope this helps

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Thank you very much for your help

Default more staff

more staff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown patch found in a box with Canadian parachute insignia  

?

Cool stuff

Default more staff

More staff