Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US Airborne shoulder sleeve insignia

Article about: Hi guys. Recently joined the forum and thought I would share my current set of airborne shoulder sleeve insignia.

Default US Airborne shoulder sleeve insignia

Hi guys. Recently joined the forum and thought I would share my current set of airborne shoulder sleeve insignia.

US Airborne shoulder sleeve insigniaUS Airborne shoulder sleeve insigniaUS Airborne shoulder sleeve insigniaUS Airborne shoulder sleeve insigniaUS Airborne shoulder sleeve insignia

Default Re: US Airborne shoulder sleeve insignia

what do the backs look like on these?

yeah, because the fronts look good, funny about the 82nd, sometimes the airborne rocker is attached & sometimes it's not, same with the 101st too.

All no glow, cut edge patches with nice white backs. All seemed to have spent time in a scrapbook.

US Airborne shoulder sleeve insigniaUS Airborne shoulder sleeve insigniaUS Airborne shoulder sleeve insigniaUS Airborne shoulder sleeve insigniaUS Airborne shoulder sleeve insignia

Quote by Kryptos View Post
    All no glow, cut edge patches with nice white backs. All seemed to have spent time in a scrapbook.

I thought they all looked good, even on the 101st you can see a couple of red threads also at the bottom, like I said on the 101at & 82nd sometimes they will have the rocker attached, some patches are field made also, so they will look a little off from normal patches, but they are still good too, new patches always look perfect, great find, everybody grabs up the 82nd & 101st you got a great batch, you even got a couple that I don't have, good luck with your hunt, I find myself hunting patches alot. take care. welcome to the forums.

Thank you! It already seems like a great place to be.

And I agree, the patch collecting bug does bite very hard

Quote by Kryptos View Post
    Thank you! It already seems like a great place to be.

And I agree, the patch collecting bug does bite very hard
    yeah, I have a small desk, the drawer is full of patches, but they aren't really expensive, until you get into army air force leather ones that are handpainted. you got a nice collection going already. good luck
    Last edited by crazy horse; 10-09-2010 at 03:50 PM.

nice set, i like the troop carrier, yeah first step of patch addiction is admitting you have a addiction and i am hooked. when i was little the army surplus store up the road had patches for 25 or 50 cent apiece and i bought as many as i could. i used to have them pinned to a cork board but ran out of room, now i have them in baseball card sleeves in a binder or at least the ones that fit

Quote by gooseandspoons View Post
    nice set, i like the troop carrier, yeah first step of patch addiction is admitting you have a addiction and i am hooked. when i was little the army surplus store up the road had patches for 25 or 50 cent apiece and i bought as many as i could. i used to have them pinned to a cork board but ran out of room, now i have them in baseball card sleeves in a binder or at least the ones that fit
    I know what you mean, I got tired of doing that so now they are kind of grouped together in big baggies, got one for marine patches, one for navy, army I have, infantry, divisions, etc I get my marine ones from a guy in Nashville, because he can find subdued & obsolete marine patches.