Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

US Jumpboots

Article about: Hello members, I was wondering if these are wartime jumpboots? They seem good to me at first glance. All information is welcome. Regards, Rikkert

Default US Jumpboots

Hello members,

I was wondering if these are wartime jumpboots? They seem good to me at first glance.
    All information is welcome.

Regards,
    Rikkert

US JumpbootsUS JumpbootsUS JumpbootsUS JumpbootsUS JumpbootsUS Jumpboots

Nobody?

They look like wartime, but only research on the soldier who owned them could bring clarity.
    Cant say anything about the shoelaces except they are paracord and look new to me.

Can you check the name written inside and the service number ?

?

I cannot find mention of a Warren S. Devine…
    The service number should help.

The boots certainly look good for wartime production.

The boots may be WW2 era production but they were used post war, as indicated by the serial number prefix. This was a post WW2 added feature. RA was for regular Army, US was for drafted individuals and NG for National Guard. There were some other abbreviations but at the moment I can't recall them.

Smitty

I agree with Smitty, the design of the soles, heel look same as WW2 made boots, the owners ASN dates him to wearing them in the 1950s. Very nice pair of boots that need further research.

Thank you all for the information.

When I have some free time which currently is very sparse, I will check my rosters of 11th Airborne and 187th Airborne Regimental Combat Team paratroopers that were in Japan (Occupation and Korea) to see if there is a match to your named pair of jump boots.

Smitty

That would be great!

Rikkert,

I have not forgotten about the search. So far I have not found anything in my paratrooper rosters, but I am still searching.

Smitty