Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 British Mk1 (T) Type K “TABBY” Night Vision monocular ZA23119

Article about: I bought the monocular a little while ago, however, the militaria Gods have shined on me and I have managed to acquire an original case for it so I think it deserves a thread of its own. The

Default WW2 British Mk1 (T) Type K “TABBY” Night Vision monocular ZA23119

I bought the monocular a little while ago, however, the militaria Gods have shined on me and I have managed to acquire an original case for it so I think it deserves a thread of its own.
    The monocular is in good condition (as is the case), however, does not work. They were a sealed unit, although I have heard of some collectors opening them and replacing the battery (not something I intend to do). There was a piece of the original inventory tag inside the case.
    They’re a rare bit of kit so I’m very happy to get a case for it. They were initially intended for special forces. What I find interesting is the fact that both the monocular and case have “identification” numbers / serials, however, there are none of the standard British military marks or dates, etc. Apparently there were specific instructions on how to destroy them to stop them getting into enemy hands
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 British Mk1 (T) Type K “TABBY” Night Vision monocular ZA23119   WW2 British Mk1 (T) Type K “TABBY” Night Vision monocular ZA23119  

WW2 British Mk1 (T) Type K “TABBY” Night Vision monocular ZA23119   WW2 British Mk1 (T) Type K “TABBY” Night Vision monocular ZA23119  

WW2 British Mk1 (T) Type K “TABBY” Night Vision monocular ZA23119   WW2 British Mk1 (T) Type K “TABBY” Night Vision monocular ZA23119  

There is more information about the night vision monocular here:

Arnhem Jim: WWII British Special Forces Night Vision Technology - "TABBY" RG Receiver

This image (taken from the link) shows what the original tag would have looked like
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 British Mk1 (T) Type K “TABBY” Night Vision monocular ZA23119