Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

ww2 Chaplain airborne wings?

Article about: by cricketchris1944 Could you guys tell me if this is ww2 period.If it had the sterling stamp on it would be ww2 but this one does not.Attachment 181738Attachment 181739 sorry i cant help wi

?

Default Re: ww2 Chaplain airborne wings?

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    Could you guys tell me if this is ww2 period.If it had the sterling stamp on it would be ww2 but this one does not.Attachment 181738Attachment 181739

sorry i cant help with the authentication of your chaplain wings but i will say be careful as these are highly faked !

?

Hi Chris very tough area . 1st thing how many WWII Chaplains in the world. 2nd how many wings did they own and put crosses on or file down like the one above. Good luck . Gary

?

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    Hi Chris, could be good. I have not seen alot of these, but I can say I've never seen a WWII era set of wings that weren't marked sterling. It also seems that by 1950 most of the wings had a flat back. Didn't help you much did I my friend?

Take care,
    Jay
    WWII US jump wings came in flat back and hollow back forms depending on the manufacturer.
    And yes Chaplans wings have been faked extensivly.

?

Quote by Friar Funk View Post
    I am a retired Army Airborne Chaplain and I have an authentic WW2 Airborne Chaplain Jump wings (with the Sterling stamp).

Howdy Chaplin FF
    Your wings were manufactured during WWII by Robbins Co.
    Glad your here.

Thank you guys for all the info.
    chris

?

Fantasy stuff.

WW2 Chaplin wings.
    When the US Airborne came here during WW2, they had there wings made by Gemsco, and others in the States. Girl friends here usually got the originls. The UK badge makers here were quite busy in the field of making new ones for them. Gaunt. Ludlow, the list is quite large. One way to define one is to see if there is a maker name. If not, then the chance would be a private purchase made wing and some time in Sterling silver too. On the other hand these wings were quite rare until the mid 80s, and then the reinactors started to have them made. Thats all I can say.

I guess with was all the info we need on this wing.
    chris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2