Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Your opinion required

Article about: I recently bought these uniforms and would like to know what you think. The first one: parachute regiment. This one comes with pants and a beret The second one: commando And the last one a p

Default Your opinion required

I recently bought these uniforms and would like to know what you think.

The first one: parachute regiment.

Your opinion requiredYour opinion requiredYour opinion requiredYour opinion required
    This one comes with pants and a beret
    Your opinion required

The second one: commando

Your opinion requiredYour opinion requiredYour opinion requiredYour opinion required

And the last one a parachute regiment Denim jacket

Your opinion requiredYour opinion requiredYour opinion requiredYour opinion requiredYour opinion required
    Your opinion required

Although the have age and stamps they look 'unused', too good to be true?

I have more photos with details but am not sure how many photos may be posted.

Looking forward to your comments!

Peter

?

The pegasus patches does not look good to me. Can't comment on the uniform it self but as i said, those patches does not look original. Although it's better to wait for someone with more knowledge on British items.

I don’t like them. None of the battledress is WWII and the insignia on all is added IMO and not original to the uniforms. The denim blouse looks ok but the buttons are wrong I believe and once again insignia added.

?

I will start with the commando patches ,
    Compare with the Op's item to the original and its fairly easy and obvious to spot the many differences.
    I take no joy in telling people they bought fake value added patch jackets.
    But we all live and learn by our mistakes.
    Cheers Rick

Attachment 1407297

Attachment 1407298

Attachment 1407299

Attachment 1407300

?

Quote by 08SMLE48 View Post
    I don’t like them. None of the battledress is WWII and the insignia on all is added IMO and not original to the uniforms. The denim blouse looks ok but the buttons are wrong I believe and once again insignia added.
    And somebody who obviously doesn't know anything about British insignia has put collar badges on the epaulattes of the denim jacket.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Rick W View Post
    Im sure Ive seen the almost the same type eagle on fake Luftwaffe items
    That tends to be a trait seen in the work of those nice men in the Pakistan "historical (or maybe hysterical) badge trade"?

One has to be so careful with British airborne uniforms and kit because evey bit even down to things like toggle ropes etc can be found on the fake market. A lot is honestly meant for re-enactors but that is only an inch away from dishonest persons passing it off as original. Some items are so good that they fool the most experienced collectors but I agree with the comments above and that these are just not right

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Now Pegasus.

Attachment 1407301

Attachment 1407302

Original

Attachment 1407303

I hope this is of some help .

Cheers Rick

Well it was a bit of a gamble to start with and I didn't spend a fortune on them, that's why I wanted the comments fro you guys. Some you win..... Thanks for your input

?

ABL : acronym for "Armee Belge/Belgisch Leger".
    Probably worn by Belgian paras.
    Luc

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast