Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Air ministry Item but no idea what it is.

Article about: Could anybody please help me ID this? I know its a long shot but maybe some expert will know what it is. Found in the UK on disused airbase. Its made of brass/copper marked AM with a crown o

Default Air ministry Item but no idea what it is.

Could anybody please help me ID this? I know its a long shot but maybe some expert will know what it is. Found in the UK on disused airbase.

Its made of brass/copper marked AM with a crown on the right with a ser no of 5A/2780 on the left see pics, thanks for looking
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Air ministry Item but no idea what it is.   Air ministry Item but no idea what it is.  

Air ministry Item but no idea what it is.   Air ministry Item but no idea what it is.  

Air ministry Item but no idea what it is.  

5A is the prefix for ground electrical lighting and heating equipment, other than domestic. I would say it was a plug of some description with the innards missing. Is there a hole through the side 2 or 3 mm in diameter?
    Cheers
    Gary

Do you mean like this?

Thanks for the help hangarman what is the hole for?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Air ministry Item but no idea what it is.  

That's the baby! inside there would have been a plastic or Bakelite insert with 2 protruding brass pins. The hole through the side was for a securing screw to stop the insert falling out.
    Cheers
    Gary

Cool thanks Gary!!