Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Aircraft ID fun

Article about: The U.S. Government still will not admit the base is there but for all intents and purposes, they won't deny it anymore. Enough people that worked there have now come out and admit they work

Default Aircraft ID fun

Here is a fun little test. This aircraft has an unusual feature and is the only one of its kind in the world. What is it? Also where is the picture taken? One other thing, this is the old aircraft, it has since been replaced and the new aircraft has done away with the red stripe on the tail.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aircraft ID fun  

Default Re: Aircraft ID fun

My wife used to worked for Southwest Airlines out of McCarren, so I'm kind of cheating here. The plane has no tail number or any kind of markings because it flies employees from McCarren to the world's least secret location of "Area 51". They used to take off from the freight section of the airport just west of the main terminal, I don't know if they still do. I used to see it sitting there every morning. They left at I believe 0630 hours everyday and returned at 1730 hours on the dot. The employess that work there call it "Groom Lake". It looks like it actually must be sitting on Groom lake when this was taken. Pretty cool! I'd love to hear more details, it's been a few years since I'd heard about this operator. They still flying the 737's?

Jay

Cheater! Oh Ok, you can get away with it! Yes it is indeed "Janet" the name of the aircraft that flys the employees to and fro. Yes they still use a 737 and yes indeed the picture was taken at Groom. Here is a Emergency card from the aircraft and a patch from the unit.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aircraft ID fun  

Janet flight that the name I was looking for.

Pretty interesting. Love the patch and safety card, where'd you pick them up? I used to go four wheeling on Bureau of Land Management around Area 51. I never did see any UFOs but had alot of fun, and broke alot of stuff on my truck. Thanks for bringing back the memories Gary.

Take care,
    Jay

Hi Jay,

Glad to be of service! And I can't tell you where I got them...I'd have to shoot you!

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    Pretty interesting. Love the patch and safety card, where'd you pick them up? I used to go four wheeling on Bureau of Land Management around Area 51. I never did see any UFOs but had alot of fun, and broke alot of stuff on my truck. Thanks for bringing back the memories Gary.

Take care,
    Jay

?

I think youd best keep an eye out for Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones, those men in black dont give up, they dont like their secrets being aired in public lol

JANET - Just Another Non Existent Terminal

If I remember correctly from my time at Nellis on Red Flag, the reason for calling it Area 51 is because the range is divided in to areas, and 51 happens to be the area this facility is.

?

The one thing ive never been able to understand is the amount of speculation, enquiries, photographs and subsequent reports on this area51, of all the secret bases there are in the world, this one has produced the most public interest, the most talked about in news media and books, for a base that was supposed to be top secret i cannot for the life of me understand why the government didnt slap a D notice on the press, book authors and the like, it could be photographed from a distance, the aircraft that flew its personel in and out were,nt very well hidden , and the so called secret projects were always being written about and revealed before time. I remember as a kid that one of the model companies, either revell or maybe airfix, produced a plastic model of a so called secret aircraft, if memory serves, it was a smaller version of the SR71, but the thing that stuck in my mind was that by looking straight on at the model it resembled not only the 71, but a drawing made at the time of roswell from a witness to the reported "ufo" sighting, he drew this head on drawing because thats what he saw of it , it had a flattened front appearance with thin wings and a twin tail only a lot shorter in height, this was more or less the model that was produced, a few yrs later the SR 71 became public knowledge, it appears to me that this secret base wasnt as secret as everyone made it out to be, i understand that the base is now used for other projects other than new developments, but is it still secret???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast