Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Amazing picture of B-24

Article about: by ssg keay According to what i found out, the plane was C-124 SN: 52-0991 and was destroyed on 27 April 1955. Casualties none. Danny Thanks for the additional information ssg. Glad nobody w

Default Amazing picture of B-24

The engine is still running with the prop still turning. A B-24?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Amazing picture of B-24  

?

Default Re: Amazing picture

Good picture,hard to tell what it was.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

BlueCord
    ?

Quote by packin9 View Post
    The engine is still running with the prop still turning. A B-24?
    I think it is actually a C124 Globemaster (definately not a B24). If you look at the shape of the engine nacelles and the position of the wings (low), it looks very like a B29; however look at the double row of windows on the fuselage. It is a C124.

If I remember correctly The C124 used the same wings, engine and empennage of the B29.

Eric
    Last edited by BlueCord; 12-01-2008 at 08:44 PM. Reason: punctuation

Quote by PHILBROWN View Post
    i find that a very sad pic, the guys in that plane must have died only seconds prior to the chap taking the photo, very poinient indeed, is this yours packin?
    Judging from the car it may have been a somewhat populated area and the picture taken from a resident. Hopefully they bailed out in time.Phil, if you mean do I posses the original photo, no. I came across it on the internet.

Quote by BlueCord View Post
    I think it is actually a C124 Globemaster (definately not a B24). If you look at the shape of the engine nacelles and the position of the wings (low), it looks very like a B29; however look at the double row of windows on the fuselage. It is a C124.

If I remember correctly The C124 used the same wings, engine and empennage of the B29.

Eric
    I'm not sure there is a double row of windows as it looks like there is a 3rd row of whatever on the bottom.(small) In comparing that little car I doupt it's a B-29. Still, it's a amazing the engine was still running no matter what plane it is. Whoever took it,had a camera and was at the right place at the right time.

BlueCord
    ?

I'm not sure there is a double row of windows as it looks like there is a 3rd row of whatever on the bottom.(small) In comparing that little car I doupt it's a B-29. Still, it's a amazing the engine was still running no matter what plane it is. Whoever took it,had a camera and was at the right place at the right time.

check out this picture, you are right there is a third row of windows. It is a C124!

Global Aircraft -- C-124 Globemaster II

Quote by BlueCord View Post
    check out this picture, you are right there is a third row of windows. It is a C124!

Global Aircraft -- C-124 Globemaster II
    Well done BlueCord! And welcome!

According to what i found out, the plane was C-124 SN: 52-0991 and was destroyed on 27 April 1955. Casualties none. Danny

Oh I forgot, she landed short off runway and broke up!

BlueCord
    ?

Well done BlueCord! And welcome!
    Thanks! This is a great site

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast