Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Another Luftwaffe aircraft relic

Article about: I recently got this large piece in the mail from Stalingrad. Luftwaffe aircraft skin fragments are my weakness LoL. Judging by the lettering on the piece it is defiantly German, but as with

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    This morning I was playing a ww2 video game called war thunder . On the bottom of bf-109 F-4 there are two tear drop shape behind the landing wheels. The bf-109 F-4 was a very common variant in 1941-42. Since that area of the plane would have a lot of mechanical parts . Injection might make sense?
    Attachment 1187819Attachment 1187820
    Thank you so much!! I will defiantly look into those books, if im going to continue collecting Luftwaffe aircraft relics I will need them.
    Very interesting theory, it could be from that section you showed on the bf-109 F-4. That would be awesome, as the only bf-109 relics I have are small fragments. An injection port would make sense if it housed many mechanical parts. Thanks a ton for the help Jb4046!!

Best regards- Jarret

Quote by MAP View Post
    Nice piece Jarret. It might help the guys if you can give some approximate size estimates of the skin and the teardrop section
    Thank you MAP! That is a good idea, I will take some measurements of it today and add them to this thread.

Best regards- Jarret

?

After a second look again i learnt Those tear drops on a bf-109 F-4 are jacking ports/access panel. Still fits in with injected if its hydraulic related.
    Another Luftwaffe aircraft relicAnother Luftwaffe aircraft relic
    Last edited by Jb4046; 04-09-2018 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Missing info

Ok I just took some measurements of the piece. Here you go, its 23" x 14"

Best regards- Jarret

MAP
    ?

Quote by Luftwaffe 1941 View Post
    Ok I just took some measurements of the piece. Here you go, its 23" x 14"

Best regards- Jarret
    So the tear dropped shape is roughly...? 5 inches?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I'm with Danmark on the navigation light mount, it's just the right shape. As far as reference books go, the Japanese 'Aero Detail' series are about the best, although very collectable and expensive. Googling 'walk around' for aircraft types often gets you some good museum example pictures. It's surprising just how many lumps and bumps there were on wartime aircraft, not like smooth model kits at all!

?

So now that navigation light is a more likely possibility. So the location to look at now would be the rudder of german aircraft?

?

AHA I SEE WHAT YOU MEAN! On the tip of the wing of a he 111 there is a port navigation light with similar bolt locations and edges Another Luftwaffe aircraft relic

?

Also on the tops and bottoms of wings or on top bottom of fuselage, as well as the very ends of wings and tail. Examples on this page here: SpitfireSpares.com - warbird Lighting

?

Ah the only thing that threw me off earlier on was the injection part

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast