Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Avro Vulcan's Last Display At RIAT July 18th-19th 2015....Only A Handful More To Come.

Article about: Here's a nice video of Avro Vulcan XH558 at the Royal International Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford this weekend gone. It's the last one the old girl will be going to as she is being grounded for

Default Avro Vulcan's Last Display At RIAT July 18th-19th 2015....Only A Handful More To Come.

Here's a nice video of Avro Vulcan XH558 at the Royal International Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford this weekend gone. It's the last one the old girl will be going to as she is being grounded for good in late September. The display was quite impressive as you'll see with the pulling of a hard right climbing turn at 100ft immediately after take off. Later in the display (9.50) the pilot put her in a near vertical zoom climb and wing over to get out of the display box to allow the waiting Red Arrows to take off...The agility of this huge aircraft that was originally designed in 1946 is just fantastic to see! It was nice to see him pop the 'chute at the end as well, they have avoided that whenever possible in the past as it's 2 grand a throw. But I bet the cost doesn't really matter anymore.....

Last edited by big ned; 07-24-2015 at 03:27 AM.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing.

Nice one Ned!
    ..... always liked the big bird, deltas just have that Star Wars aura to them I reckon!
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

That is a beautiful design for its time. One used to excel aviation into the future. As a Airwinger Marine that was a pleasure to watch. Thank You Ned
    Semper Fi
    Phil

You watch the maneuverability and handling of this plane, and you have to wonder just What in the name of Pete that they are Replacing it with-presumably something even Better! Yet another old warrior moves into the mothballed Halls of History....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Magnificent Thanks for sharing that Ned, brings back a lot of memories .

Greg

Beautiful ! She will be sorely missed roaring across the skies of Britain

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I caught a brief glimpse of her from the garden when she displayed down the road at RAF Cosford back in June, sad that it's probably the last time I'll see her as she often passed over Cosford en route to displays around the western side of the country.

Avro Vulcan's Last Display At RIAT July 18th-19th 2015....Only A Handful More To Come.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Nice one Ned!
    ..... always liked the big bird, deltas just have that Star Wars aura to them I reckon!
    Cheers, Dan
    Perhaps you were thinking of this scene at Flughafen Frankfurt Dan..?

Imperial Troops at Frankfurt airport-Star Wars VII - YouTube

On a serious note, thanks Ned for posting this excellent video. Always a shame when such a fantastic machine is retired but at least people will have their memories...and videos, such as the one posted in this thread.

Thanks for the video Ned, I saw her "pulling some turns" over Norwich about three or four weeks ago. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Avro Vulcan's Last Display At RIAT July 18th-19th 2015....Only A Handful More To Come.  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast