Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fw190A-8 crash site relics

Article about: Thought I would show a group of VERY interesting relics that I have had in my collection for awhile now. These are all relics from a Fw190A-8 that crashed in Latvia. I have a good amount of

Default Fw190A-8 crash site relics

Thought I would show a group of VERY interesting relics that I have had in my collection for awhile now. These are all relics from a Fw190A-8 that crashed in Latvia. I have a good amount of info on this particular crash, but at the request of the seller I will not give the pilots name or the planes werk#. Here is all the information I have.

The pilot shot down a total of 6 soviet aircraft during his tour of duty. He was awarded both the EK1, and EK2. He was shot down by soviet AA fire in 1944, and died upon impact. The Germans found the crash site as the war was still going on, and buried the pilot properly. The plane sat for a good amount of time, and it was discovered by the soviets many years after the war had ended. The soviets scrapped the majority of the plane, and the only parts left are small/medium bits and pieces. My friend that found this crash site did find a few fairly large pieces that the soviets missed, but he is keeping those in his personal collection.

Best regards- Jarret

Fw190A-8 crash site relicsFw190A-8 crash site relicsFw190A-8 crash site relicsFw190A-8 crash site relicsFw190A-8 crash site relicsFw190A-8 crash site relics

I almost forgot to show this part, it was recently shipped to me. A good sized piece of skin from this plane. I also thought I would show a pic of a Fw190A-8 for reference.

Best regards- Jarret

Fw190A-8 crash site relicsFw190A-8 crash site relics

You have a great connection for parts Jarret. These are the size of pieces I've seen at military crash sites in Nevada, California, and Arizona. If the US military can get to the site, they take all the big pieces and somewhat clean things up. The incredible force and massive G's that occur in these crashes is mindboggling. It quickly becomes a reality when you see the small pieces. The Air Force actually maintains the stance that they still own all those little pieces laying out there in the desert from crashes 50 to 60 years ago.

Jay

Thank you Jay, these are my favorite relics to collect. Aircraft relics speak volumes, no telling what things they've seen/done. I would love to visit actual crash sites like you have. I could only image the types of wrecks that are out west like you're describing. Very interesting that the Air Force still considers these small fragments their property still, I didn't know that.

Best regards- Jarret

?

Here is the buckle in the third photo: http://www.oldnautibits.com/assets/i...mages/3078.jpg