Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Aircraft Tail Section Photo

Article about: Really enjoyed your tribute website Donnie.

?

Default German Aircraft Tail Section Photo

Hi guys,

Dont want to bore any of you with another family photo but i thought it may interest some of you. This was taken on New years day 1943 in Egypt two months before my Great Uncle (pictured in the middle) was shot down and killed over the coast of Italy ( he was a Torpedoe Bomber AG and sunk Rommels last tanker).

Anyone hazzard a guess as to what aircraft it belonged to?

Regards, Donnie

Jonesy
    ?

Default Re: German Aircraft Tail Section Photo

Hiya Donnie
    Looking at the photograph, I'd say that the piece comes from a Junkers Ju-87 Stuka. It obviously has'nt been hacked off the aircraft looking at the rivet holes and the positioning of the swastika suggests its from a Stuka. See attached pic.

regards

Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Aircraft Tail Section Photo  

?

HI mate,

Many thanks for the information. I think its a great photo!

Donnie

hi Donnie,what about telling us your Great Uncle story ?This kind of family's past is never boring,don't you think?Bye

Quote by sebfrench76 View Post
    hi Donnie,what about telling us your Great Uncle story ?This kind of family's past is never boring,don't you think?Bye
    Agreed......do tell!
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

Hi mate,

Have a look at this link: it is my website dedicated to my families military exploits. I have to add a couple of new relatives too ....the link will open on Bills page.

LINK: |

As an added interest, Rommel and his officers were watching the Tankers coming into \Tobruk harbour when it was attacked, later that nigh Rommel wrote in his diary that because of the sinking of the tanker the war in North Africa was basically lost.

There is a book in the last stage of publishing which details Great Uncle Bills wartime adventures so keep an eye out in your local book store ...

Donnie

Donnie,

That's a wonderful tribute you've produced there and very humbling to read. You must be very proud of your forebears, and i'm sure they would be of you.

Thanks for sharing, i'm most impressed.... it's great!!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thanks for the comments Ned, most appreciated

Donnie...

hi donnie!Just come back from your site.What a work!Congratulations!You can be proud of them as they can be proud of you!
    Looking at your avatar,it seems that military is a family story...By the way ,found this pic of French Pilots on a German wreck part during campaign of France.Seems a little bit bigger than the one of your pic,it comes from a Junker 88
    Attached Images Attached Images German Aircraft Tail Section Photo 

?

Hi mate,

Thanks for the kind words about my site! . Also thats an interesting photo you have posted...

Donnie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast