Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

If not a WW2 1944 Stuka relic then what ? Dug up in Normandy

Article about: Seller claims to be 1944 Normandy Stuka flap relic. That is what previous seller from France said. Came with the white info plate ! But from what I can see on net, the fixtures do not match

Default If not a WW2 1944 Stuka relic then what ? Dug up in Normandy

Seller claims to be 1944 Normandy Stuka flap relic. That is what previous seller from France said.

Came with the white info plate !

But from what I can see on net, the fixtures do not match or do I need to see an earlier Stuka flap......

Please see photo, just one at the moment !!

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture If not a WW2 1944 Stuka relic then what ? Dug up in Normandy  

Looks like a trim tab of some description,if that is the actual colour possibly British ?
    Good Luck
    Mike

You may have a trailing edge from the edge of the wing of one of these aircraft... if you search the net, some photos give you the underside of the wing connections - they look similar. Unfortunately I didn't find any hi-res images. There are 2 Stukas in existence one being in Chicago at their museum, and the other at the Imperial War Museum I believe. Send some photos to each to see what you come up with. The Imperial War Museum has assisted me before with a Zeppelin piece I found to authenticate it...I've tried to attach an image showing the back edge of a Stuka wing and it shows several sizes of the rear of the wing. Neat find and hope it works out for you. If not a WW2 1944 Stuka relic then what ? Dug up in NormandyIf not a WW2 1944 Stuka relic then what ? Dug up in Normandy

Thank you so far so good, if it is dark paint on the other side then it must be a Rudder trim tab Yes ?!! (one side would had have to be light blue to be the underside for a wing or tail) .......... BUT hold on what aircraft is it as well ?

It is due to be delivered very soon and I will update with some more photos..........

Please read above reply as well as not definate yet. JUST Seen the Stuka rudder has trim tabs, BUT I really need close ups from a real stuka and if possible not attached to the rudder. Looks promising as the trim tabs have parallel edges................

The surviving Ju-87 in the UK is displayed in the RAF Museum in Hendon. This 'walk-around' video may help.

Regards, B.B.

Thank you very much, a fleeting glimpse of the tail and wings. Please post more focused close ups of the attachment points and when I get the relic I can better compare to possibly announce a result with new photos when I get it delivered. I am looking forward to a hopeful thumbs up, quietly confident for now !!

Default Possible Stuka piece has been delivered

MORE PHOTOS Wahey, blue on one side is discoloured (possibly just needs a wipe) Black spray marks over Light brown base colour
    Here are the photos !!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture If not a WW2 1944 Stuka relic then what ? Dug up in Normandy   If not a WW2 1944 Stuka relic then what ? Dug up in Normandy  

If not a WW2 1944 Stuka relic then what ? Dug up in Normandy   If not a WW2 1944 Stuka relic then what ? Dug up in Normandy  

If not a WW2 1944 Stuka relic then what ? Dug up in Normandy   If not a WW2 1944 Stuka relic then what ? Dug up in Normandy  

Last edited by Panzer Kettenglied Sammler; 04-02-2020 at 02:25 PM.

Joop Hendrix from the Planehunters Crew (Belgium aircraft recovery team) says Definately German.
    He has asked all his team and others that he knows, what German aircraft that we have recovered could it be from ? Nobody can correctly identify !!
    Joop continues to say, 'who knows something will pop out in the future'

Who will be first to correctly identify ? Someone else or warrelics ?

The chase is on .........
    Last edited by Panzer Kettenglied Sammler; 06-07-2020 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Correction to make !

Very interesting item and I hope you find what aircraft it comes from..

Keep us informed.

Very interesting thread

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast