Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

JU52 tail wheel frame identification

Article about: Hello everybody and thank you for the acceptance. I know only a few about ww2 aircrafs, so I need your help to identify a frame of a JU52's tail wheel i found last summer at Leros, Greece. T

Default JU52 tail wheel frame identification

Hello everybody and thank you for the acceptance.

I know only a few about ww2 aircrafs, so I need your help to identify a frame of a JU52's tail wheel i found last summer at Leros, Greece.

The place that the frame was found is private property and back in 1943, my grandfather used to own the field. On November, 12th, 1943, a JU 52 was crashed in my grandfather's field. I know the A/C registration, as a very important historian helped me out with this.. Now, after finding a new piece to the puzzle, i need to identify and understand the markings that can be seen on the frame.

Please check the attached photos for the frame, my grandfather's story and the wreckage itself...

Thank you in advance for the assistance.

Nikos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture JU52 tail wheel frame identification   JU52 tail wheel frame identification  

JU52 tail wheel frame identification   JU52 tail wheel frame identification  

JU52 tail wheel frame identification   JU52 tail wheel frame identification  

Attached Images Attached Images JU52 tail wheel frame identification  JU52 tail wheel frame identification  JU52 tail wheel frame identification 

Sorry, can't help with the identification, but great story and pictures.