Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Kiwi Fighter

Article about: Hey gent's, We are having our Weapons instruction course going on at the base. This guy and several more like it are here to play. It has a KIWI in the middle of the bulls eye , So I take it

?

Default Kiwi Fighter

Hey gent's,
    We are having our Weapons instruction course going on at the base.
    This guy and several more like it are here to play.
    It has a KIWI in the middle of the bulls eye , So I take it from New Zealand. Is that correct? and what type of jet is this one?
    Click to enlarge
    Kiwi Fighter

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Could it be the Netherlands flag on the tail? (Of course the Netherlands flag is oriented with horizontal stripes instead of vertical so I'm probably wrong)

Edit - I'm wrong.....see below
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

It is a BAC 167 Strikemaster

Amazing what Googles "Lens" software can do - Just take a picture. Press a button and it tells you what it is!

BAC Strikemaster - Wikipedia

And yes. It is a Kiwi version. The NZ code gives it away. The "flag" on the back threw me there for a second.

1:72 BAC 167 Strikemaster Mk.88 No. 14 Squadron Ohakea AB, Royal New Zealand Air Force, 1978

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Shame I can't see the roundel, New Zealand have these. Had a kit model of one of these as a kid.

MAP
    ?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Shame I can't see the roundel, New Zealand have these. Had a kit model of one of these as a kid.
    ROFL....when Phil said Kiwi........I was thinking this and not the bird

Kiwi Fighter

?

Yeah that's it Rene!! I'll get a pic Sunday when I go back in...

Thanks Michael, That must be a cool program. Sounds Great.
    I know my aircraft ,But sometimes we do get an odd one now and then,

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    ROFL....when Phil said Kiwi........I was thinking this and not the bird

Kiwi Fighter
    Now that is funny, Because I was riding in the back of the crew cab and told the driver to pull up next to the Kiwi bird. He got real confused and said I don't see a KIWI. I said the Jet. He said OH I WAS LOOKING FOR THE FRUIT and didn't know where to go!!!! ****in JARHEADS!!!!LMAO!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

The bird never crossed my mind.

Lens is great. I think it is only on Google Pixel phones though

It identified it as an "attack" aircraft and then showed potential examples, one of which was this plane. The AI software is scary good

Hey this fruit originated in China! Hope our good Mate Anderson doesn't read this?

Yes it apparently is a former RNZAF BAC Strikemaster. These were jet trainers used in New Zealand in the 1970's and through to the 1990's I believe. They do have some ground attack capability. Pilots trained on these went onto the A4 Skyhawk, now long gone as well, I think to US collectors. The A4's had upgraded avionics and the US government refused permission for sale outside of the US. The Strikemasters were sold earlier than the A4's.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast