Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe aircraft fuel port (stalingrad relic)

Article about: hello all! I recently bought this jewel of an aircraft relic. It came from the pitomnik airfield near Stalingrad I've been collecting Luftwaffe aircraft relics for quite some time, the best

Default Luftwaffe aircraft fuel port (stalingrad relic)

hello all!

I recently bought this jewel of an aircraft relic. It came from the pitomnik airfield near Stalingrad
    I've been collecting Luftwaffe aircraft relics for quite some time, the best relics in my collection
    all come from the Stalingrad area. This particular relic is the fuel port section from a plane. I've
    seen the fuel caps occasionally pop up for sale, but never one still attached to the port. This was
    manufactured by DBU in berlin. You can tell by the maker mark on the cap, and the data plate
    on the port. Unfortunately I do not know what plane this exact relic came from. possibly someone
    here has some idea? The data plate reads Gerat Nr 8-4533 A Werk Nr 8034. Please let me know
    what your think. I apologize for the pictures being flipped, I will try to fix this issue soon.

P.S.- I will try to post more soon, but unfortunately hurricane Harvey flooded my home.
    currently staying with some relatives who were kind enough to let me bring my relic
    collection with me
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe aircraft fuel port (stalingrad relic)   Luftwaffe aircraft fuel port (stalingrad relic)  

Luftwaffe aircraft fuel port (stalingrad relic)   Luftwaffe aircraft fuel port (stalingrad relic)  

Thanks for showing...For me personally, Stalingrad Relics have something "Special" about them that I can't adequately describe...I have a letter from a doomed man in Stalingrad and I also knew a German Veteran lucky enough to be flown out after losing his leg at the hip ...
    cheers, Glenn

no problem! I will post more Stalingrad aircraft relics soon. YES! I know exactly what you mean about Stalingrad relics having a "special" factor to them. I also have a German friend who survived Stalingrad. believe it or not he's still around. he's 93 and I visit
    him on the weekends. Such an amazing man, and his memory of WW2 is incredible.

I come across Relic Aircraft Parts from the Stalingrad/Wolgograd Area on German Ebay.de fairly often, btw...- It might be worth your time to take a look...Also, we have a few Digger/Members here on the Forum that live there, such as Sebastien...Stick Around Friend, there's lots of Good Stuff here, lol...
    cheers, Glenn

I've snagged quite a bit of treasure from ebay before, including aircraft relics from Stalingrad/Volgograd.
    I would love to meet other relic hunters from that region! I will make another post by the end of the day.
    Another very interesting group of aircraft relics from Stalingrad.

I have one of these too - from a ME- 109. And an assortment of Kraftstoff & Schmierstoff caps ........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe aircraft fuel port (stalingrad relic)   Luftwaffe aircraft fuel port (stalingrad relic)  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Wow! Very nice collection of caps! Did my cap, and port come from a ME109 too? Or is it hard to tell?

I bought the fuel port some years back from this seller. Not cheap but has provenance I can trust. WW2 German Luftwaffe Round Wartungklappe Hatch- Me109 Ju87 Me110 - NICE! | eBay

Yours looks similar but I guess other aircraft used these ( on the fuselage side )

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Ah, I know that seller. Yes he isn't the cheapest seller on the block lol. Thank you for your help!

Best regards- Jarret

?

Default DBU fuselage fuel port

I have a DBU fuel collection from filters to pumps to ports and types of tubing along with engine parts. Are you interested in selling the port you bought from Stalingrad-Ivan, as it would fit into an exhibit project I am working on?

If so, let me know. Thanks.

FIDO

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast