Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Lyon Air Museum

Article about: Not too far from my home is a private collection on display at John Wayne airport. Several aircraft are on display including a B-17, a B-25, a C-47 and more. A collection of vehicles is also

?

Default Lyon Air Museum

Not too far from my home is a private collection on display at John Wayne airport. Several aircraft are on display including a B-17, a B-25, a C-47 and more. A collection of vehicles is also dispersed amongst the aircraft. Many of the aircraft are flight ready including the C-47 and the B-17.

The following are some photos from today's visit. Forgive my photography skills, I am quite terrible at it.

Lyon Air Museum

Lyon Air Museum

Lyon Air Museum

Lyon Air Museum

Lyon Air Museum

Lyon Air Museum

Lyon Air Museum

?

Some of the vehicles

Lyon Air Museum

Lyon Air Museum

?

My apologies for the orientation of the photos. On on an iPad and I can not figure out how to rotate the photos.

447th Bomb group....My favourite colour scheme, and the one used by Airfix on their B-17G kit. Looks great!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Looks like a great museum

Always nice to see a B17

Nicik
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Thanks for sharing these. There is also a good air musuem near Valence if I remember rightly.