Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

P51-D Mustang

Article about: by Darren Lillington Not a fan of the mustang with its pot belly and lines, just my opinion though but in many repects a great plane. Just not my cup of tea. Well,you know what they say,..Je

Doughboy
    ?

Default Re: P51-D Mustang

The Corsair is my favorite plane...It had manueverability, speed, and firepower.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUN9FqDAHEU

Love the zero.

Im also a fan of the spitfire being that im from London and grew up hearing stories about the spits. went to duxford to see one a couple of times too.

There is something about the sound of the Merlin engine that really strikes those heart strings hey. Beautiful sound.

Quote by zwerge View Post
    This one gets my vote for best looking piston engine fighter of WW2. And it was no slouch in battle either.
    This magnificent aircraft has the distinction of going from blueprint to prototype in 117 days after the Brits approached North American Aviation for a P-40 contract. Instead, they got something much better than the outdated War hawk. It was originally fitted with an 1100 hp Allison, but the Brits opted for the RR engine (a better choice).
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Brindlereo
    ?

I am with dough on this one gotta be the Corsair

Baaaa Baaaa Black Sheep
    Attached Images Attached Images P51-D Mustang 

There was an air show at an old US base at the week end, not far from me. This little beauty was there...............magnificent
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture P51-D Mustang   P51-D Mustang  

Sorry your all wrong.......Fw 190 was the best looking

yanks12025
    ?

I have to go with the Mustang, because i was lucky enough to have a ride in one and the thing is a beast.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture P51-D Mustang   P51-D Mustang  

cale
    ?

Yes, but i think the CA-15 was better and faster with Griff 61 engine

cale
    ?

Yeah i think it is a Mk27???

cale
    ?

Yeah i think it is a Mk27??? or Mk26