Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Photos from 2008 "Wings Over Houston" Airshow at Ellington Field

Article about: In all of the years I have attended this show, I cannot remember a more perfect day for flying. Enjoy the photos...

Default Re: Photos from 2008 "Wings Over Houston" Airshow at Ellington Field

Quote by hawk3370 View Post
    Steve,
    Excellent pictures. There is nothing more impressive then the old "War Birds". Beautiful aircraft. Thanks.

Terry
    My pleasure Major, thanks. There is a felling that stirs deep within that I can't quite describe when I hear the engines of these aircraft start up and then roar overhead. I think i was born in the wrong era...
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Default Re: Photos from 2008 "Wings Over Houston" Airshow at Ellington Field

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Nick, I can recommend an older book called "Vintage Aircraft Nose Art" by Gary Valant. I have this book in my collection.

There is a nice website on the subject here:

USAAF Nose Art Research Project

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks for the link Ade, that is a must buy

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2