MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pic's from my old Squadron A4M Skyhawks

Article about: Well these are some pic's of my A4's fly shooting and bombing. My squadron taught pilots how to Attack. The came to us after flight school, They were either a Fighter or and Attack . Fighter

?

Default Pic's from my old Squadron A4M Skyhawks

Well these are some pic's of my A4's flying, shooting and bombing. My squadron taught pilots how to Attack. They came to us after flight school, They were either a Fighter or and Attack Pilots. Fighter's went to VMFAT 101 and flew F4 Phantoms or you went to VMAT 102 and flew A4 Skyhawks to become an Attach Pilot. Both located at MCAS Yuma in the 80's.

These pic's are taken at our range also referred to a The Barry Goldwater Range.

These are early to mid 80's time frame.
    The call sign was Serria Charle for the SC on the tails
    The last one is my favorite!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Pic's from my old Squadron A4M SkyhawksPic's from my old Squadron A4M SkyhawksPic's from my old Squadron A4M Skyhawks

Pic's from my old Squadron A4M SkyhawksPic's from my old Squadron A4M Skyhawks

MAP
    ?

Awesome photos Phil. Great planes. What a fun job (well it sounds like it must have been fun)

I don't know why, but the F 4 ' s Phantom is one of my favorite jets. It just looks like "brute force"
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Those bottom 2 pictures are really something! I can't decide which of the two are my favorites the action shot of the missile firing is really cool, but the colors on the other one are great. I just read that apparently these are still being used by some countries, 60+ years is an impressive service life.
    Last edited by Politefaun; 11-05-2019 at 04:26 PM.

?

They were very cool, We shared the flight line and were right next to each other. When I would sit in the cockpit trouble shooting problems I was staring at the business end of the F4's
    They had a massive AN/AWG10 radar in the nose and I would watch them pull it out. They didn't have internal guns like the A4 (20mm)but they had a Gunpod they would load on the center line pylon that was badass!
    Their twin J79 engines would make your insides shake when they took off in afterburner. Made the night light up on nightcrew.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 11-05-2019 at 03:41 PM.

?

Quote by Politefaun View Post
    Those bottom 2 pictures are really something! I can't decide which of the two are my favorites the action shot of the missile firing is really cool, but the colors on the other one are great. I just read that apparently these are still being used by some countries 60+ years is an impressive service life.
    Just recently I saw some what I thought were A4's on the flight line and I went up and ask the crew what it was and they had modified the cockpit with F16 equipment and it was basically a flat screen presentation. Its a Great platform for testing weapons system and that is what they were using it for. It was a private entity$$$$$$ trying to sell system to the Guberment.
    Yeah I like the sunset/missile launch the best!! It so BEAUTIFUL!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Great pictures Phil.
    When I was down there in '66-'67, they were flying F4s in and out
    of there morning, noon and night. Between the Phantoms and the Hueys,
    it was constant air show. Mom learned not to put her glass figurines on the
    shelves on the walls because the sonic booms kept knocking them down.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Phil great photos

Like the photos Phil. The A4 Skyhawks were also well loved in New Zealand. A couple of photos of RNZAF A4's

Pic's from my old Squadron A4M SkyhawksPic's from my old Squadron A4M Skyhawks

Great shots Phil, the UK didn't like these much back in '82!
    The RAN used these on HMAS Sydney & HMAS Melbourne.

?

"The RAN used these on HMAS Sydney & HMAS Melbourne."

There is one down on display at Nowra.

Attachment 1352825

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast