Hello WarRelics Members,

I was enjoying the nice weather with my girlfriend a few days back. We went to a place called "Lauwersoog". It's in the northern part of the province of Groningen in the Netherlands. We were walking alongside the docks and found this engine from a Short S.29 Stirling Bomber. The business called "CIV Lauwersoog" that sells parts and needs for the fishing vessels and ships that are in the area was unfortunately closed. It did hold a sign with some specifications about the Short S.29 Stirling Bomber, although i don't know if these are correct. I think that this engine was found in the waddenzee or north sea by a fishing vessel or something like that? There are some more of these engines or similar ones scattered on the docks, but in worse shape and not on a display stand like this one. Not anything special..but i thought i would share it here for you Aircraft fanatics. I've also added a Google Maps screenshot with the location of this engine for the ones that are in the area and want to see it with their own eyes. This Bristol Hercules XVI Radial engine made 1650 HP and each bomber carried four of them!

-Dos

Short S.29 Stirling Bomber EngineShort S.29 Stirling Bomber Engine
Short S.29 Stirling Bomber EngineShort S.29 Stirling Bomber Engine

Short S.29 Stirling Bomber Engine

Short S.29 Stirling Bomber Engine