Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wanaka Airshow

Article about: Hey Guys. Four years ago i went to the largest Airshow in the southern Hemisphere, which is located in the beautiful scenery of Wanaka in New Zealand. There were many rare aircraft there, in

Thumbs up Wanaka Airshow

Hey Guys.

Four years ago i went to the largest Airshow in the southern Hemisphere, which is located in the beautiful scenery of Wanaka in New Zealand.

There were many rare aircraft there, including an La-5, Yak-3, and 7 of 9 flying polikarpov I-153s and I-16s in the world!!!,and a rare moment which hasn't been seen since WW2, 3 P-40s , along with a Corsair taking off at the same time.

Of course classics such as the P-51 Mustang, Supermarine Spitfire and Hawker Hurricane were present, the Hurricane having served in France, the Battle of Britain and crash landed into a frozen lake while it was in Russian command.

3 Truly amazing days of flying, with over 150,000 visitors.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wanaka Airshow   Wanaka Airshow  

Wanaka Airshow   Wanaka Airshow  

Default Re: Wanaka Airshow

More pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wanaka Airshow   Wanaka Airshow  

Wanaka Airshow  

Default Re: Wanaka Airshow

Truly fascinating, wish i could have been there.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway