Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Washed ashore on the Swedish Coast

Article about: I found this pice when i was walking on the beach in the most shoutern part of Sweden, just between Denmark and Germany. I , With my little knowledge of airplane ,think it looks like a pice

Default Washed ashore on the Swedish Coast

I found this pice when i was walking on the beach in the most shoutern part of Sweden,
    just Washed ashore on the Swedish CoastWashed ashore on the Swedish Coastbetween Denmark and Germany.
    I , With my little knowledge of airplane ,think it looks like a pice from of a airplane with two bulletholes. What do you guys think ?

?

Default Re: Washed ashore on the Swedish Coast

To me they look like corroded bolt or rivet holes

I would agree with Dave.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Possibly bolt holes but, the rivet holes are smaller and can be seen also.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

You could quite possibly be correct. The look and thickness could be from an aircraft. Maybe a crash-site right of the coast, or a part that fell of when the bomber disintigrated. Danny

Can't say if it's bullet holes but the metal has been penetrated by something, you can see where the edges of the holes are folded away from the surface of the metal.

The smaller rivet holes have not corroded I notice, might be significant. Interesting find anyway, I would go back to the spot and have a closer look.

?

Hello Lasse!
    Im swedish to but write in english for other users reading this tread.
    I have the accident reports for all crashes during the war, so if you want to tell me more preciselly where you found it i can probably tell you which aircraft it comes from.
    I know of at least five in the waters between Lomma around the coast and to Simrishamn.

/Jocke