Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

What do you believe is the most aesthetically pleasing military aircraft made.

Article about: Back to the very beginning where it all really got started the humble "Royal Aircraft Factory Se5A..............

If we are talking overall, then despite my love of the german oddities it would have to be SAABs Draken - fluid in motion in an airplane.

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What do you believe is the most aesthetically pleasing military aircraft made.   What do you believe is the most aesthetically pleasing military aircraft made.  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

The Draken is up there for me to Dan. Nice one

P-51D Mustang:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What do you believe is the most aesthetically pleasing military aircraft made.  
    Regards,

Steve.

?

The Zero.

mjw
    ?

The Hawker Hunter F.6. Kind regards, Malcolm.

The ME 262 for me!!

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What do you believe is the most aesthetically pleasing military aircraft made.  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

For me a toss up between Nigel's choice, the Spitfire and Nick's choice the ME262, gotta love both of them IMHO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thats a tricky question, I love the look of most aircraft to be honest. But for the sake of argument, here are some of my favourites:

Vulcan, Early Migs and the Sabre.
    Attached Images Attached Images What do you believe is the most aesthetically pleasing military aircraft made.  What do you believe is the most aesthetically pleasing military aircraft made.  What do you believe is the most aesthetically pleasing military aircraft made. 

the Draken looks like something off an 80's sci-fi show. Very cool looking bird.

I would have to go with the Spitfire though.

If given any time era...I'd almost be inclined to pick the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet. It looks as fast as it actually is. It can break the sound barrier with ease and is about as hellaciously armed to meet anything and everything it encounters. I remember having one of these planes fly low over head one day, and the Feel of the Power was enough to take your breath as the pilot kicked in the throttle. An awesome war bird by any standard.

William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast