Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen 50

Article about: I saw this GAB 50 online for sale. It has some things that look off, the area around where the hinge is mounted does not match other RK's. Second the back of the badge looks to smooth, RK ba

Default Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen 50

I saw this GAB 50 online for sale. It has some things that look off, the area around where the hinge is mounted does not match other RK's. Second the back of the badge looks to smooth, RK badges usually have a rougher surface. Third the marker mark looks off, no definition to it. Next the pin looks to long in the catch, and the pin also does not look correct. I was wondering if my observations on this badge are correct. I noticed that the quality of pics is medium. Hmmmm wonder why.

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen 50  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen 50
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

From the one photo it is very had to tell but I'm in agreement with all three of your concerns.

The base plate of the catch is too thin. It should be wider.

Take a look and compare to my GAB50.

Grade III Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - RK GAB 50
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Map, I was using your badge which is in great condition, as a base comparison for this vendor badge. I did not even post the front of badge due to how many issues I found after comparing back with yours. On the front, the silver coloring was way to thick, causing lack of detail. I am no expert on these but when things don't match.....pass I would think that people who purchase this level of badge do their homework. As to vendors who try and maybe pass on some ones mistake, not good. I would like any expert comments on this badge, the silence makes me believe that I am on to something.

John

MAP
    ?

It's a fairly good fake, but too many details give it away.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

This $2,500 PAB 50 could possible be a possible big mistake passed on to a uninformed collector. What this shows is how important this site is for information.

MAP
    ?

Yes....and that is why a measly $25.00 annual fee is peanuts for keeping the forum running

Looking like another not so good badge. I am posting the front of the GAB to try and get some more responses from the experts on board. The first thing that jump out for me is the thick silver paint on the oak leaves. It actually reduces the amount of detail on the leaves. Next the talons look off, look like filed down. Next the gold coloring on number looks to new. Number looks ok in box but I am no expert. Should the number of rivets on bayonet should be three not two. Also there looks like paint on oak leaves on the bayonet edge. Wondering what this badge would look like with a good resolution picture.

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen 50  

It’s a fake badge. Take a look at the first image posted of the reverse of the badge, note the extended profile of the number box. This is done because when a fake badge is cast using an original as the master they are always invariably undersized. To combat this the faker ‘stretches’ the number box to make up the difference.

Compare the reverse profile to my original RK 50 GAB and the differences become obvious. This is always worth checking initially on any numbered GAB or PAB as it is often (but not always so) found on bogus badges.

I also endorse Michael’s correct comments regarding the recessed catch crimp being a poor imitation of the original.

Regards, Ned.

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen 50
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

MAP
    ?

As always, BigNed to the rescue with the critical details! Thanks!

Quote by War Medals View Post
    Looking like another not so good badge. I am posting the front of the GAB to try and get some more responses from the experts on board.
    John
    Why wouldn't you just post both front and reverse photos to begin with?
    It would likely garner more answers right off the bat.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast