Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - fake or real?

Article about: Hello, my problem is that I have been on a few diffrent sites and it is always 50/50. Some say the badge is a cast fake while others claim that it is an original. I hope that i can get clari

Default Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - fake or real?

Hello,

my problem is that I have been on a few diffrent sites and it is always 50/50.
    Some say the badge is a cast fake while others claim that it is an original.

I hope that i can get clarification since I am really unsure by this point.

For context: I bought this badge alongside documents and 5 other medals from a neigbour (they belonged to their grandfather)
    so I do not believe they tried to rip me off.

If it is a fake, please tell me how I can notice it the next time I buy some medals.

Thank you in advance,

John

Last edited by rbminis; 12-28-2023 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - fake or real?
    P
    Many

I have edited the title of your thread.
    Please read the following thread regarding posting in the Orders and Decorations section of the forum.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hello,
    sorry for the inconvenience, I will pay attention to that in the future.

raz
    ?

Hello John , has anyone told you the maker ? IMO it looks like unknown maker # 8 - 1.25.1 in Franks book with the rounded chest feathers and tilted head ( I could be wrong ) . It looks soft ( not crisp ) around the eagles leg bands and the swaz . Here is a picture to compare that area from the book . Please wait for more input . click to inlarge

?

It the rectangular plate beneath the catch a separate piece or part of the actual badge?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by raz View Post
    Hello John , has anyone told you the maker ? IMO it looks like unknown maker # 8 - 1.25.1 in Franks book with the rounded chest feathers and tilted head ( I could be wrong ) . It looks soft ( not crisp ) around the eagles leg bands and the swaz . Here is a picture to compare that area from the book . Please wait for more input . click to inlarge

Hello and thank you for finding a similar example.
    I have not been told a maker of the badge at any point when buying/owning it.

I made a clearer picture, I hope it helps (the black around the head is only a shadow, could not get a better picture).

John

Quote by Adrian View Post
    It the rectangular plate beneath the catch a separate piece or part of the actual badge?
    As far as I am able to tell it is a part of the badge.
    However I can be completely wrong so I hope that this picture helps to determine it.

John

Quote by raz View Post

Hello,

I stumbled across the following badge on generalassaultmilitaria, where the back matches up with mine.
    They attribute the badge to "Funke & Brüninghaus".

John

?

I don't collect these, there are differences for sure, off-center eye and the bottom of the wreath, different dies ? JMO
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - fake or real?   Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - fake or real?  

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - fake or real?   Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - fake or real?  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by Gwar View Post
    I don't collect these, there are differences for sure, off-center eye and the bottom of the wreath, different dies ? JMO
    Hello and thank you for pointing out those details which I overlooked.

The off-center eye might be due to my inexperienced picture taking, resulting in a bit of a angle.
    I do think my badge compares best to a "Funke & Brüninghaus", with the tilted head and same yellowish colour shining through on my and the example I posted previously, which also has a regtancular piece beneath the catch.
    I suppose my badge is a original? That is the main thing I am currently concerned about.
    Please correct me if I am wrong.

John

Here a "Funke & Brüninghaus" next to my badge. (If better pictures are needed I will upload them)

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - fake or real? Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - fake or real?
    Last edited by Idkanything; 01-01-2024 at 02:04 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast