MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - hollow back for review

Article about: Can I get opinions on this Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen hollow backed version - from my look through posts it may be Rudolf Karneth or a Karneth copy. Ive tries to get pics of the hook and its

Default Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - hollow back for review

Can I get opinions on this Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen hollow backed version - from my look through posts it may be Rudolf Karneth or a Karneth copy. Ive tries to get pics of the hook and its attachment as that looks like it may indicate copy? Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - hollow back for review   Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - hollow back for review  

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - hollow back for review   Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - hollow back for review  

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - hollow back for review   Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - hollow back for review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - hollow back for review
    P
    Many

many looks at my post but no comment - im leaning towards an RK fake based on the catch but hope i am wrong. Any history or timing on the emergence of the Karneth fake assault badge?

I am no expert with these, but the hinge is not wide enough for a hollow Karneth, but does match quite a few fakes.
    Something about the eagle's eye does not seem right to me either. I believe the catch should be soldered on as well.
    So, I am inclined to agree with you.
    I suggest you wait for other opinions.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

raz
    ?

Karneth hollow badges that I looked at had a sheet metal hinge and round wire catch so you may be right about repro . I looked for the block hinge and question mark catch in Heukemes book and did not see that combination on a hollow badge but I could be mistaken . Maybe more people that study the GAB will be able to help .

?

Yes, it's RK fake.