Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen hollow back in Zinc

Article about: Hi folks ,Picked up a number of TR badges and medals last weekend in a deal , some are obvious fakes some not so obvious ( to me at any rate) some I believe to be original (both metal and cl

Default Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen hollow back in Zinc

Hi folks ,Picked up a number of TR badges and medals last weekend in a deal , some are obvious fakes some not so obvious ( to me at any rate) some I believe to be original (both metal and cloth). I'll post some of them as time allows over the next few weeks to see what our esteemed membership make of them. 1st up is this Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen which is hollow back & made from Zinc , it still retains some silver wash & I think that the round wire retaining hook has been crudely resoldered in the past. I believe this badge to be original but looking around the forum/net I can't seem to find one with the same Eagles head maybe I am way out on this and its just a very good fake , thanks for looking ,Regards ,Paul

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen hollow back in ZincAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen hollow back in ZincAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen hollow back in ZincAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen hollow back in Zinc

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen hollow back in Zinc
    P
    Many

It's genuine. Stewy

It was unknown maker #5, but I'm sure maker's known. Buggered if I can remember who though FCL rings a bell. Stewy

Yep, It's an FCL (Franke & Co). Stewy

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    It's genuine. Stewy
    It was unknown maker #5, but I'm sure maker's known. Buggered if I can remember who though FCL rings a bell. Stewy
    Yep, It's an FCL (Franke & Co). Stewy
    Got there in the end bro! A point of interest not often found on TR combat badges is that Franke & Co. were breaking new ground when they started producing badges with a subdued finish that wouldn't catch the light and possibly alert the enemy to a soldiers position. Looking at the above example I'm pretty convinced this is such an example, and it hasn't lost it's bright silver finish, it was actually made like what we see here today.

The design is a unique break from the average GAB in that the eagle is a beautiful Art Deco stylised design that really makes it stick out as being memorable against the backdrop of all other run-of-the-mill GAB eagles. This makes the FC&L GAB's very desirable in collector circles, so it's a great catch Paul.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Cheeky bugger, Ned old mate. Been a long day, there was a bad smash on the A47 tonight. Hope they're ok. Stewy

Thanks Stewy for the positive I.d. (hope the people on the A47 are ok also) and to Big Ned for the extra, always interesting information . One further question gentlemen , could it be said then that this Franke & co variation is rarer than most standard GAB's that we see ? ,Regards ,Paul

It's certainly not one you see that often. Stewy

I'll have it if you don't want it. Stewy

Thanks stewy but i think its a keeper thanks again ,Paul

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast