Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen hymmen and co.

Article about: Yes this badge has snapped, and was glued back together, but it was free. Can anyone help I'd this maker. I was thinking tombak hymmen & co. Because of the shape of leaves. The odd thing

?

Default Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen hymmen and co.

Yes this badge has snapped, and was glued back together, but it was free.
    Can anyone help I'd this maker. I was thinking tombak hymmen & co. Because of the shape of leaves.
    The odd thing about this badge, is that the silver wash has been applied, then a grey/green colouring has been applied on top of the silver. Where the gray has chipped/scratched the silver wash can be seen. Subdued version. Anyway not seen anything like it.
    Weight is 13.98 grams
    Attachment 1367252
    Attachment 1367251
    Last edited by rbminis; 12-29-2019 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen hymmen and co.
    P
    Many

Please read this thread.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I believe what you are seeing is, the fact that the finish is being absorbed by the metal which gives it this appearance.
    You do not see any "grey/green" on the hardware or solder because it is made from a different, less porous material.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

No it has definitely been chipped of at the top revealing the silver wash, the badge has a greenish hue to the gray. It is definately coated in something gray matte finish. I'm waiting on a macro lens , to take better photos.

?

Look at the scratch going through the bayonet and into, the swastika. It has depth, the subdued coating has been scratched through, revealing silver underneath. Look at the lack of detail to the feet , because there is a rough coating over the metal.

?

I even have a feeling it may be aluminium coated.

If I take a dull grey zinc badge and scratch it, it will reveal "new" material which will appear silver because there will be no oxidation on the "new" material.
    Waiting for clearer photos.
    Ralph.

?

It's like graphite paint.. with a smooth undercoat.

?

At only 13.98 grams I'm betting its cupal

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast