Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen – Otto Schickle, Pforzheim opinion

Article about: Good day to all! One piece from my collection includes an General assault badge – Otto Schickle, Pforzheim and as i noticed in the last years it became harder and harder to find this produ

Default Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen – Otto Schickle, Pforzheim opinion

Good day to all!

One piece from my collection includes an General assault badge – Otto Schickle, Pforzheim and as i noticed in the last years it became harder and harder to find this producer.
    What is your opinion regarding the piece i have and also what could be a good second adition regarding the GAB for my colection?

Thx in advance and have a nice day!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen – Otto Schickle, Pforzheim opinion   Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen – Otto Schickle, Pforzheim opinion  

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen – Otto Schickle, Pforzheim opinion   Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen – Otto Schickle, Pforzheim opinion  

Last edited by rbminis; 02-19-2024 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen – Otto Schickle, Pforzheim opinion
    P
    Many

I have edited the title of your thread, and moved it to the correct section of the forum.
    Please read the following thread regarding posting in this section of the forum.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Is the catch made from round wire, can you take a clearer photo of the side?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I apologise for the wrong post i will be more carefull regarding the correct thread and names, i added the pictures requested.

Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen – Otto Schickle, Pforzheim opinion   Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen – Otto Schickle, Pforzheim opinion  

?

The badge looks good to my untrained eye but I have noticed comparing to Schickle badges the hinge is a lot narrower than other examples.

If you want to add another, you should buy one that you like. Buy one that will give you the most satisfaction of owning.
    There are so many different makers and materials. You could get a nice collection of common badges or search out the rarer variants. The decision is yours!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I have noticed comparing to Schickle badges the hinge is a lot narrower than other examples.
    I agree, also, if made by Schickle, the catch should be made from flat plate.
    I suggest you wait for other opinions.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

There are Schickle GAB which have a round wire catch as well as the flat wire as pointed out by Ralph.

However, as Adrian says, the hinge is a narrow type, it reminds me of the Y fake which is a very well made forgery of the Schickle badge. Tilting my head 90 degrees, I see some resemblance with the bayonet and grenade.

Clear, straight photos would help however, it's not one I would be totally confident in purchasing.

I made the pictures straight but somehow they are being tilted 90 degrees, at a closer look after i asked an opinion it looks like the hinge was repaired.
    It hit me hard for me to find out this could be a fake as it was purchased at my beggining of colecting ww 2 items .

Last edited by rbminis; 02-21-2024 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Edited to orient photos correctly.

I have oriented your photos for you.
    Ralph.